You are here: Home » Resources » Personal Safety
Walk the Walk
- Walk with confidence and an assertive attitude. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Carry your purse or other valuables snugly, secured on your person. Wallets should be in an inside coat pocket or front pants pocket. Don’t leave such items in a shopping cart or on a store counter for “just a moment”. Thieves are quick and act on opportunity.
- Insist the clerks give you carbon papers of credit card sales or tear them up in your presence. Make sure the clerk has made only one impression of your card. Save your receipts and check them against your bill each month.
- Don’t keep large amounts of cash on your person or in your home.
- Walk or run errands with a friend. It’s more fun and it’s safer
- Hint: If you walk with friends at dusk or early evening, wear light colored clothing or better yet, reflective body and foot apparel.