This is for citizen’s or those who work in the area who would like to learn about what the local police departments do. There are no physical requirements. The Citizen Academy is provided as a means to reach out to our communities and educate the public about the law enforcement profession. There is no cost to attend the academy. Attendees must be at least 18 years old, have no criminal record, and a valid driver’s license (if you want to drive the cars during the one week).
This 9-week course that meets every Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
The various topics to be covered during the academy sessions will include:
- Enforcement related to Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated (OAWI)
- Identity Theft/Computer Crimes/Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC)
- Use of Force
- Major Investigations Unit (MIU)
- Emergency Vehicle Operation/Traffic Stops
- Waukesha County Communication Center operations
- Suburban Critical Incident Team (SCIT)and several other areas as they relate to the operations of your local law enforcement agency.
- Fire and EMS response
- and other topics as they relate to the operations of local first responders
Any citizen interested in attending can email email@example.com or call the non-emergency line 262-367-2145 during normal buisness hours.
You may fill out the forms and send them in via mail, email, or drop them off at any of the involved police departments.