Accident Reports |
Chenequa Police Department
Village of Chenequa - Police Department

  • Bookmark and Share
  • Accident Reports

    Accident Reports

    Any accident must be reported when it results in:

    • Injury or death of a person
    • $1,000 or more total damage to property owned by any one person
    • Damages of $200 or more to government property (except motor vehicles)

    Call the police immediately. They will report it for you. If they cannot file the report, you will need to self-report the accident.

    To file a self accident report, complete
    Wisconsin Driver Report of Accident form MV4002 and mail it to:

    Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
    Accident Records Unit
    Post Office Box 7919
    Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7919

    An accident entry will be put on the record of each driver shown on the accident report. Accident entries remain on the driver record for 4 years from the date of the accident.

    Accident entries on your driver record

    Regardless of fault, accidents appear on the driver record of all drivers involved in a reportable accident.

    The driver record only shows involvement in an accident on a specific date, the severity and the county of occurrence. It does not show who was at fault.

    Insurance companies secure information from your driver record and other sources to determine if any claims have been paid out under your policy.

    You can obtain an official copy of your driver record. There is a $5 fee for each record requested.

    If the information on your driver record does not agree with the information that your insurance company has, you will need to contact your insurance company for further information and clarification.

    Those who have access to accident data are:

    • Wisconsin Department of Transportation for analysis of highway safety
    • Department of Motor Vehicles for administration of the safety responsibility law
    • Law enforcement agencies for selective enforcement
    • Traffic safety commissions and traffic engineers for safety and elimination of hazards
    • Driver educators, legislators, insurance companies and other interested parties
    • County highway safety commissions to meet their duties under Section 83.013, Wisconsin Statutes
    • Local units of government to target specific accident locations

    If you have questions:

    • Email
    • Call (608)-266-8753 between 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
    • Write to the address below
      Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
      Accident Records Unit
      Post Office Box 7919
      Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7919


    VILLAGE OF CHENEQUA  •  31275 W County Road K  •  CHENEQUA WI 53029

    OFFICE HOURS:  Monday • Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm  •  Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

    VILLAGE HALL  (262) 367-2239  •  Fax (262) 367-3341  •  POLICE DEPARTMENT  911 or (262) 367-2145

    AFTER HOURS POLICE  911 or (262) 446-5070 (WCC Dispatch Center)