Victim Information |
Chenequa Police Department
Village of Chenequa - Police Department

  • Bookmark and Share
  • Victim Information

    Victim Information

    Victim’s Rights

    As a crime victim you have certain rights. Many of these rights are automatic and others are available upon request. Please contact the Victim/ Witness Assistance Program at (262) 548-7071 so they may assist you in exercising these rights.

    These rights:

    • The right to receive compensation for certain losses, if eligible.
    • The right to have stolen or other personal property returned by law enforcement when no longer needed as evidence.

    If the case is prosecuted, other rights include:

    • The right to be notified of and attend court proceedings.
    • The right to submit a written or oral victim statement to the court.
    • The right to request testing of the offender to determine the presence of sexually transmitted diseases, where applicable.
    • The right to consult with the juvenile court in-take workers, and/or district attorneys about the case.
    • The right to seek restitution or request a judgment for unpaid restitution.

    To obtain a complete list of your rights, contact the Victim/ Witness Program at (262) 548-7071, or refer to Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 950, section 950.04(lv).

    VINE®: (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)

    VINE is a free, 24-hour telephone and Internet service that allows citizens to check on the status of offenders in the custody of the Wisconsin County Jail System, and to register for automated notification when an offender is released or the offender’s custody status changes.

    For offender information, call WI VINE tool-free at: 1-888-944-8463 or visit the website at

    Adult Offenders

    To determine whether an adult offender is in jail or has been released, please contact:

    Waukesha County Jail
    Justice Administration Building
    515 West Moreland Boulevard
    Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
    (262) 548-7177

    If the case is referred for prosecution to the District Attorney’s Office, you will be contacted by the Victim/ Witness Program. You may contact the District Attorney’s Office and Victim/ Witness Program at:

    Waukesha County District Attorney
    515 West Moreland Boulevard, Room G-72
    Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
    (262) 548-7071

    Juvenile Offenders

    To determine whether a juvenile offender is in custody or has been released, please contact:

    Waukesha County Juvenile Center
    521 Riverview Avenue.
    Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
    (262) 548-7731

    You will be contacted by a juvenile court intake worker, unless the case is referred to the District Attorney’s Office. You may contact the juvenile court intake at:

    Waukesha County Health & Human Services
    500 Riverview Avenue
    Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
    (262) 548-7385

    If No one has been Arrested

    An arrest may not be made during the investigation of the crime you reported. If you would like to know the status of the investigation, please contact the Chenequa Police Department at (262) 367-2145

    Threats or Intimidation

    If you are subjected to threats or harassment because of your cooperation with law enforcement and / or prosecution efforts, please contact the Chenequa Police Department at (262) 367-2145

    You may also contact the Victim/ Witness Program at (262) 548-7071 for assistance with safety planning.


    If the offender is convicted of a crime, you may be entitled to restitution. For assistance with restitution, please contact the Victim/ Witness Program at (262) 548-7071.

    You will need to provide the court with the following information:

    • An itemized list of losses
    • A written estimate or receipts for the cost to replace/repair the items
    • Copies of medical bills or estimate of treatment

    If you do not provide this information in a timely fashion, you may lose the opportunity to seek restitution.

    Crime Victim Compensation

    The Crime Victim Compensation Program may be available to help pay for unreimbursed expenses resulting from this crime, even if there is no arrest or conviction.  To be eligible, a victim must not have caused or contributed to the crime, and must cooperate with law enforcement in their investigation and prosecution of the crime. Other restrictions and requirements exist.

    Application forms and assistance with filing a claim may be obtained by contacting the Victim/Witness Program at (262) 548-7071.

    You may also contact:

    Crime Victim Compensation
    Post Office Box 7951
    Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7951

    Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office Victim/ Witness Program

    The Victim / Witness Program was established to assist crime victims and witnesses. It provides information, community referrals, support and advocacy.  For help in exercising your rights as a crime victim, or for assistance with any of the programs mentioned, please call. The Victim/ Witness Program employees want to help! (262) 548-7071

    Waukesha County Health and Human Services
    Adult and Child Protective Services
    (262) 548-7212

    Mental Health / Drug and Alcohol Abuse
    (262) 548-7666

    The Women’s Center
    24 Hour Crisis Line
    (262) 542-3828

    Legal Advocacy / Business Line
    (262) 547-4600

    Waukesha County Council on Alcoholism and Other Drug Abuse
    24 Hour Hotline
    (262) 524-7920

    First Call for Help
    24 Hour hotline: Information and Referrals
    (262) 547-3388

    La Casa de Esperanza
    (262) 547-0887


    VILLAGE OF CHENEQUA  •  31275 W County Road K  •  CHENEQUA WI 53029

    OFFICE HOURS:  Monday • Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm  •  Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

    VILLAGE HALL  (262) 367-2239  •  Fax (262) 367-3341  •  POLICE DEPARTMENT  911 or (262) 367-2145

    AFTER HOURS POLICE  911 or (262) 446-5070 (WCC Dispatch Center)